Coaching with Confidence
What is this workshop about?
Our industry has now moved towards a client-centred approach for learning. Pupils enjoy and appreciate client-centred learning: They go away from your lessons with awareness and a real sense of achievement. If you ever leave lessons feeling that your pupil could have learnt more or maybe feeling that sense of frustration that the pupil just isn’t improving, then this workshop can help you. A bonus is that having really good coaching skills can leave you feeling less stressed, enjoying your lessons more, and feeling that the pupils are becoming more confident and able to reflect on their own performance. These are skills that all ADIs need in our industry.
- Understand how to develop the skills needed to make a great coach
- Discover what being a good coach involves
- Improve your listening and questioning skills
- The reflective cycle and how to use it effectively
- Finding strategies to help your pupils
- Discover a toolbox of useful coaching techniques and tips
- Practice coaching conversations
This workshop is suitable for:
- All ADI’s/PDI’s who want to learn about client-centred and coaching and how to improve existing skills
- ADI’s who want to update their teaching and advance their current skills
- ADI’s preparing for Standards Checks
- PDI’s who are preparing to take a Part 3 test
- New ADI’s looking to enhance their skills, and wish to move forward with their training and CPD
This workshop is an opportunity to meet fellow ADIs/PDI’s and take time for yourself to consider and improve your coaching and client-centred skills. It includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, free parking, a resources pack and CPD certificate and is held in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our expert trainers are also experienced working ADIs who are there throughout the day to help and support you.
Timings: 9.30am Coffe and registration, 10.00am start and 4.30pm finish