- On November 19, 2020
- By linwestern
DVSA – Update: Driving test centre waiting rooms
We wrote to you recently to tell you about working with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to safely re-open some driving test centre waiting rooms.
On Friday 30 October we re-opened 9 waiting rooms across England and Scotland. Driving tests were suspended in Wales at the time.
Opening more waiting rooms
Driving tests in England are currently suspended and waiting rooms are closed.
This means we will not be opening up more centres in England until after testing has restarted.
We are now opening more waiting rooms in Scotland and Wales, where we are currently conducting tests.
In Scotland these include:
• Aberdeen North, Airdrie, Elgin, Galashiels, Glasgow Ballieston, Glasgow Shieldhall MPTC, Haddington, Inverness, Inverness MPTC, Kelso, Livingston DTC & GVTS, Peterhead and Wick.
We will keep this under review in line with the Scottish government guidance on the Protection Levels.
In Wales these include:
• Abersystwyth, Caernarfon GVTS, Newport Gwent, Newtown, Pembroke Dock and Wrexham.
What this means for you
If your local test centre is in the latest rollout, you’ll receive another email from us to explain the measures that have been put in place to help keep you, our examiners and others waiting at the site safe. These measures will include:
• wearing face covering at all times inside the waiting room
• recording a visit by scan the QR code and ‘check in’ or recording it on a paper log
• asking visitors to wipe down touch points when they enter the waiting room and before they leave
We understand that you may be disappointed if your local test centre remains closed.
Your safety and that of candidates and our staff is a priority and we are working to safely open up other waiting rooms around the country.
The NJC continues to be dedicated to help you in these challenging times and we hope you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy.
Please feel free to contact us for help and support.
ADINJC’s helpline is 0800 8202 444
The Secretary’s number is 07855 453414
The ADINJC is a national association run by ADIs on a not-for-profit basis. We work tirelessly to inform, represent and support our members, and to promote the interests of our profession.