Currently the theory test service in Great Britain is delivered by one company – Pearson Vue. This includes:
- the day-to-day management of each of the test centres, such as the computers and the staff
- the online booking system
- customer service team
From September 2021 the way DVSA delivers theory tests is changing. The changes will not affect the typical candidate experience or the content of the test (but it may look and feel slightly different).
Theory test centres
As part of the new arrangements two companies, Pearson VUE and Reed in Partnership Ltd will provide the day-to-day delivery of theory tests. The delivery will be separated into 3 geographical regions:
- Region A – Reed In Partnership Ltd Covering: Scotland, Northern Ireland, North West, North East and Yorkshire and Humber
- Region B – Pearson Vue Covering: Wales, West Midlands, South West and South East
- Region C – Reed In Partnership Ltd Covering: East Midlands, East of England and London
Because the contract to operate the theory test centres has been awarded to more than one company the location of many theory test centres will change.
As we finalise plans for the future of the theory test, we will keep you updated.