Two letters are being sent by NASP today. One in support of Scottish ADIs to ask about any financial help available there as they can’t return to work for several more weeks. The other is asking Government in England what measures are in place to help people financially if they can’t work because of local area lockdowns.
Areas of Scotland that are normally serviced by the mobile theory test vehicle will be pleased to know that alternative arrangements have been made in some places, as the mobille unit cannot be used because it is impossiblel to maintain social distancing rules. These new sites are:
• Portree – Sat 1st August – Aros Centre, Viewfield Road, Portree, Isle of Skye IV51 9EU
• Kyle of Lochalsh – Sat 1st August – Village Hall, Main Street, Kyle of Lochalsh IV40 8BY
• Tongue – Wed 13th August – Kyle of Tongue Hostel and Holiday Park Tongue By Lairg, Sutherland, IV27 4XH
• Ullapool – Sat 15th August – Ullapool Golf Club North Rd, Ullapool IV26 2TH
• Gairloch – Sat 15th August – Gairloch Community Hall, Gairloch IV21 2BP (site is located at the local high school and police station)
• Wick – Fri 11th September & Sat 12th September – MacKay’s Hotel, 46 Union St, Wick KW1 5EN
• Helmsdale – Thu 17th September – The Bridge Hotel, Dunrobin St, Helmsdale KW8 6JA
These new sites are now available for bookings and any candidates booked into the old sites will be contacted and advised of the new test centre address with directions.
If you would like to join the ADINJC there is more information on our website.
Whilst our newsflashes are normally a benefit of membership of the ADINJC, during this national emergency we want to share information as widely as possible, so please feel free to pass this on. We are stronger together.
The NJC continues to be dedicated to help you in these challenging times and we hope you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy. Please feel free to contact us for help and support.
ADINJC’s helpline is 0800 8202 444
The Secretary’s number is 07855 453414
The ADINJC is a national association run by ADIs on a not-for-profit basis. We work tirelessly to inform, represent and support our members, and to promote the interests of our profession.