Who is it for?
The ADINJC have been running extremely successful Standards Check Workshops on the Standards Check since it was introduced in April 2014. This one day course is constantly updated and evaluated by the team. It is an ideal day for anyone who has just qualified as an ADI, ADIs expecting a Standards Check, ADIs who need help to improve a grade, ADIs wanting to improve their next Standards Check or ADIs who offer Standards Check training.
Join our team of trainers in a friendly, relaxed setting and also meet other like-minded professionals. Your day generally consists of a cabaret style classroom, free parking at the hotel venue, a pack of handouts full of useful information and refreshments throughout the day, as well as a lunch usually served in the hotel restaurant. The team are available all day to help with any questions you have, giving you the support you need.
What does the day cover?
This is your opportunity to understand the Standards Check and what the DVSA expect. You will be able to ask questions and improve your teaching skills for the Standards Check and beyond. Areas covered include:
· The marking sheet
- Understand how this relates to the National Standards for Driver and Rider Training and what the DVSA really want.
· The 3 Core Competencies:
- Planning Lessons,
- Risk Management in lessons and
- Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Each of these three competences above is dealt with in detail to give a deeper understanding of how they relate to the NSDRT. Learn to structure lessons and how to share risk with your client. This includes goal setting and understanding reflection and feedback skills.
· The National Standards for Driver and Rider Training
- It is important to know where the marks are derived from and where the criteria can be found so you can understand how to train your clients.
· Using a client centred approach and techniques
- Some interactive training is used to help understanding and knowledge. Effective questioning skills are a theme included throughout the day.